Boys & Girls Ski
GRACEAC Downhill/Slalom Ski Program
This document will outline the schedule and expectations for the upcoming season.
Purpose: The Catholic United Ski Team will be coached by various members of the CC and WC HS coaching staff. Scott Inman, Head Coach for the CC/WC high school team will be coordinating the schedule for the CU Ski Team. The ski team staff is committed to helping each student-athlete maximize their potential. We firmly believe that a combination of faith, dedication, skill, and life experiences will allow each student to become better people as the season progresses. The coaches certainly foster the competitive spirit with our athletes, yet we also realize that a well rounded person will be successful in all aspects of life. We tailor our program around this philosophy. We understand that our middle school student-athletes are just beginning their alpine ski racing journey, and will strive to keep things fun, yet competitive. This is the age where we can foster a lifelong love for the sport of skiing.
- Be ready for practice. Should be ready and on snow prior to scheduled training time.
- Be prepared for race days. Inspection for races starts one hour prior to race, and closes 30 minutes prior to race. Be respectful of fellow teammates, coaches, other competitors, COVID protocols.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Provide transportation to/from races and training.
- Support your child.
- Communicate with coaches - follow 24 hour rule
- Volunteer for race day work assignments
- Varsity races require work positions per Team
- $250. Parents are responsible for funding a portion of the league-fee ($250). This payment is collected during registration.
- Remaining costs are funded by your member school.
- Families are also responsible for purchasing required equipment (see below)
Starting on January 1, 2023 we will have specific training times. DATES/TIMES ARE NOT SET YET, but last season they were:
- Thursdays @ Cannonsburg, time 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Saturdays @ Cannonsburg, 9:30 - 11:00 am, starting January 15. January 7, we will run from 12:00 - 2:00 pm, as there is a high school race at Cannonsburg earlier that day.
- Tentative training at Caberfae on last Saturday in January
- TeamSnap will be utilized for all team communication, scheduling, etc.
Catholic United ski is open to 6th-8th grade boys and girls. All team members must register through TeamSnap using the following link. CU ski player fee is $250 per participant, which will be paid during TeamSnap registration. This fee covers training space, equipment, athlete lift tickets for away events, personalized race bib.
- Appropriate outerwear
- Season Pass/Lift tickets
Scott Inman, 616-293-2870, skiing@GRWestcatholic.org
We will be hosting a parent meeting night in early December 2022.
Please note that all school rules apply, regardless of the venue at which our team is participating.
Physicals are REQUIRED prior to any involvement with the ski team (Conditioning included).